[pullquote align="full" cite="Jamie Macfarlane" link="" color="#511422" class="" size=""]Northern Ice 2014 Icewine Riesling by Jamie Macfarlane is made from his specially selected naturally frozen grapes, hand-picked in the dark of the winter. Watch how this Northern Ice 2014 Riesling Icewine explodes in your mouth with a poetic pear and crisp citrus dance that transforms into a surprising creamy, velvety mouthfeel.[/pullquote]
100% Northern Ice 2014 Icewine Riesling. 11.5% alcohol
200ml - $69.00
Northern Ice 2014 Icewine Riesling; Be amazed with this burst of ripe pear, mango and papaya, crisply balanced with lemon and orange aromatics. The mouthfeel is silky smooth with a creme brullee sweetness. The late tangerine note provides a real treat, with its clean finish in this luscious Icewine.
Naturally frozen Riesling grapes were hand harvested from Niagara-on-the-Lake vineyards at -15C. The grapes are pressed frozen, releasing only one drop of pure extract from each grape. The fermentation is performed at a cool temperature to retain fruit concentration then aged in stainless steel.
Northern Ice 2014 Icewine Riesling is an amazing toasting Niagara Ice wine with flavourful appetizers. Pay attention to the beginning, middle and end flavours of this golden nectar and match it with appetizers that call out for a balance of sweetness and citrus notes.
Our guests loved this simple, garlic shrimp recipe with the Northern Ice 2014 Riesling Icewine. The fresh garlic and parsley bring a great balance to the complex sweetness and crisp acidity in the Icewine.
- Mix these ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 25 – 30 large shrimp, raw and peeled (or jumbo)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika fresh ground sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat large heavy bottom pan with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Stir fry shrimp mixture for about 10 minutes until pink and lightly browned. Serve on an green apple slice. Enjoy with a glass of Northern Ice 2014 Icewine Riesling